Federal Tax Extension Rules

Federal Tax Form 4868 - Extension of Time To File

State Tax Extensions

Federal Tax Return Extension of Time To File
Online Taxes OLT Logo Online Taxes - IRS Authorized E-file ProviderOnline Taxes  slogan - Simple fast Secure
Home  |  About Us  |  Products  |  Customer Service  |  States  |  Tax Corner Follow www_OLT_com on Facebook Follow www_OLT_com on Twitter
   Your Return

  Start a New 2012 Tax Return
  Login to My 2012 Tax Return
  Correct My Rejected Return
  Amend A Tax Return
  Prior Year Return
  Status of My Tax Refund

  IRS Tax Forms/Publications
  State Tax Forms/Publications

  What is E-File?
   More Information

  OnLine Taxes State Home Page
  OnLine Taxes Guarantee
  Site Limitations

 Do You Need To File An Extension Request With The IRS?
OnLine Taxes offers FREE federal extensions
to file your income tax return. See below for details!

Federal Extension Rules

Current Customer

New Customer

Federal Extension Rules

For 2013 tax year, the due date for filing an individual tax return is April 15, 2014. Extensions must be filed by the tax due date.

An extension is a request for additional time to file, not additional time to pay. If you are going to owe, you have to mail in your payment by the tax filing due date to avoid penalty.

If you are due a tax refund, it is not necessary to file an extension. There is no penalty for late filing unless you owe the IRS.

If you need more time to file your tax return and would like to take advantage of our FREE extension filing (IRS Form 4868), you have until the tax filing due date of April 15, 2014 to get your extension transmitted.

Current Customer

To file an extension, if you do not have an account with OLT, you will need to create a New Account. If you have an account, then you need to log-in to your account. Within the account, under the Primary Information Tab, click Extension. Follow the prompt which will take you to prepare the extension and in the end of the process to Submit the extension for e-file.

You can print out a copy of your extension for your records by clicking on the link to View Forms. Click on the link for Form 4868 to view and print.

File a Federal Extension

New Customer

If you are not a current customer and would like to file an extension, we will be glad to help you. Simply create an OnLine Taxes return by using the "Create a New 2013 Tax Return" link in our homepage. Enter your personal information, your filing status and your spouse's information (if applicable). This information is necessary to file an extension. Under the Primary Information Tab, select Extension. Follow the prompt which will take you to prepare the extension and in the end of the process to Submit the extension for e-file. When you are ready to complete your return for filing, simply use the "Login To My 2013 Tax Return" link through our homepage and choose to "Complete My Tax Return" all information previously entered will be there for you and you will keep the same username and password used to file your extension.

To access your Form 4868 for printing, use the "Login To My 2013 Tax Return" link through our homepage. Click on "View Forms" in your Tax Return Status page and select your Form 4868. Your Form 4868 filing status will also be listed for you. You will need to print Form 4868 and keep a copy for your records.

File A Federal Extension

State Extensions

States have different rules concerning filing an extension. To see more information about your state, click below then scroll to find your state.

State Extension Information

IRS Authorized e-File Provider!

TRUSTe online privacy certification
Click for the Business Review of On-Line Taxes, Inc. HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.


About Us
Privacy Policy
Disclaimer Terms of Use
Online Taxes Guarantee
Site Limitation
Unsubscribe Email

Tax Deadlines
Tax Forms
Tax Publications
Tax Brackets
Tax Rates
Tax News and Blog.